This documentation covers the standard Twitter functionality available by default in the CampaignChain Community Edition.
- Connect a Twitter stream to CampaignChain with username and password
- Assign a Twitter message to a campaign
- Include up to 4 pictures in a Tweet
- Schedule a Tweet to automatically post it on Twitter at a given date and time
- Assign a responsible person to a Tweet
- Track the customer journey from an included link to the Location of a connected Channel (e.g. a Website page)
- Once a Tweet was posted, regularly collect statistical data about likes and re-tweets
- Ensure that the same Twitter content won’t be posted within 24 hours to avoid a duplicate status message error
The standard Twitter functionality is being provided by CampaignChain, Inc. through these packages:
Although these modules are based on Symfony bundles, they do not work independently of CampaignChain.
The above modules are included in the Community Edition by default.
Before you can post on Twitter from within CampaignChain, an OAuth app must be created in Twitter:
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps and create a new application.
- Fill out any required fields such as the application name and description.
- Put your website domain in the Website field.
- Provide the host name of your CampaignChain instance as the Callback URL (e.g. http://mydomain.com). Make sure that you specify the correct scheme (http or https). If you omitted the Callback URL, the app won’t work with CampaignChain.
- The Callback URL’s parts must be identical with the router.request_context.host and router.request_context.scheme parameters defined in the app/config/parameters.yml configuration file.
- Once you have registered the app, connect to a Location choosing Twitter as the Channel.
- When the Provide Application Credentials screen comes up, go back to https://dev.twitter.com/apps, select your app and visit the Keys and Access Tokens tab to copy and paste the Consumer Key and the Consumer Secret and insert it in the Provide Application Credentials form.
Please post reports, questions, suggestions, etc. at https://github.com/CampaignChain/campaignchain/issues.